Health Insurance Brokers
The Last Wicket
Datahealth Consultancy Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. It requires us to give you this document. Use this information to decide if our services are right for you.
The permitted business of Datahealth Consultancy Ltd is arranging and advising on general insurance.
FCA registration number is: 307598
You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website https://register.fca.org.uk/ or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768
GENERAL INSURANCE SERVICES
In accordance with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, we have pleasure in setting out below our Terms of Business and Key Facts about our services. The legislation highlights the importance of obtaining the type of sound service which we have consistently sought to provide for our customers in the past and which we look forward to continuing to provide in the future
Terms of Business and Key Facts about our Services
- Commencement of Terms of BusinessThe Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, requires that we explain the main aspects of the way we operate, and how this affects you, the client. We reserve the right to amend the terms of this letter without your consent but we will give at least 10 business days notice before conducting relevant business, unless we consider it to be impracticable to do so under the circumstances existent at that time.
- Client Monies
WE DO NOT HANDLE CLIENT MONIES. All cheques for premiums and valuation fees, etc. must be made payable to the Insurance Company.
- Regulatory Introduction and ServicesDatahealth Consultancy Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and is authorised to provide general insurance services and arrange and effect a range of financial services and these are broadly summarised as: Private Medical Insurance and other General Insurances.
- General Insurance ObjectivesFollowing the issue of this letter, any subsequent advice or recommendation offered to you will be based on your stated objectives, acceptable level of risk and any instructions you wish to make regarding the type of policies you are willing to consider. Details of your stated objectives will be included in the Demands and Needs we will issue to you confirming the reasons for our recommendation.
- RestrictionsUnless advised to the contrary, we will assume that you wish to place no restriction on the types of general insurance policies we may recommend and in which you subsequently take out.Furthermore, unless advised to the contrary, we will assume that you wish to place no restriction on the markets in which transactions are to be executed.
A full listing of designated products is available from your adviser upon request.
- Client ClassificationThe FCA has two tiers of client: consumer (retail) and commercial and different levels of consumer protection apply to each. We believe in providing our clients with full regulatory protection and we have therefore classified you as a consumer (retail) client.
- Services which are not regulated by the Financial Conduct AuthoritySome of the services provided by us may not be regulated by FCA since they are not included within the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. We will confirm to you what these services are and the fact that they are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority should you wish.
- Client RelationsWhen you have instructed us to arrange a specific contract or contract’s no further advice will be given unless it is requested by yourself or we have an agreement confirmed in writing to provide periodic reviews. We will, however, if no agreement is in place be pleased to advise you at any time should you require further assistance.
- Personal InterestsOccasions can arise where we, or one of our other customers, will have some form of interest in business which we are transacting for you. If this happens, or we become aware that our interests or those of one of our other customers conflict with your interests, we will inform you in writing and obtain your consent before we carry out your instructions.
- CallsIn addition to making calls at your express invitation, we may call on you at intervals to review your general insurance requirements. This will not affect your rights of cancellation under the Financial Services (Cancellation) Rules 1989. Calls will not be made on a Sunday or between 9pm and 9am on any other day.
- Complaints and CompensationIf you should be dissatisfied with the advice you receive or a product which you have bought, please write to or telephone the Compliance Officer at the address on the front page of this document. Under the rules of the FCA, you have the right to refer any complaint, which we have been unable to resolve to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR. The FOS website ishttp://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our liabilities. This depends upon the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim without any upper limit. Further information about compensation arrangements is available from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- Advice and InstructionsWhere advice has been given to you, we shall write to you with details of this. We prefer our clients to give us instructions in writing, to aid clarification and avoid future misunderstandings. We will, however, accept oral instructions provided they are confirmed in writing. We may, at our discretion, refuse to accept instructions although such discretion shall not be exercised unreasonably. We will record all transactions on our files which, along with copies of relevant documentation, will be retained by us for a period of not less than six years. You have a right to inspect copies of contract notes, vouchers and entries in our books or computerised records relating to your transactions. We reserve the right to withhold copies of these records if information pertaining to other parties would be disclosed.
- RemunerationNormally, no charge will be made to you for our services without prior notice and agreement with you. If you wish to pay for our services by way of fee or if we propose to make a charge, the basis will be explained, agreed with and by you and confirmed within our Key Facts Guide to the cost of our services before we carry out any chargeable work.Normally, we derive income from commission or fees paid to us by private medical insurance companies or other insurance companies with which policies are arranged – further information is available on request.
- TerminationThe authority to act on your behalf may be terminated at any time without penalty by either party giving seven days notice in writing to that effect to the other, but without prejudice to the completion of transactions already initiated. Any transactions effected before termination and a due proportion of any period charges for services shall be settled to that date.
- LawThese Terms of Business are governed and shall be construed in accordance with English Law and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Data ProtectionInformation provided by you may be held, processed, disclosed and used by ourselves, professional advisers and any associated companies in servicing our relationship with you. However, strict confidentiality will be maintained at all times. It is understood that, unless you notify us otherwise, you agree to the storage, use and disclosure of such information. This information may be disclosed to third party product providers in the course of providing our analysis and servicing of our relationship with you. No information will be passed to another party without your prior consent unless we are legally obliged to do so. You also agree that for the purposes described above your data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. We may use and analyse your data, including the nature of your transactions, to provide you with information by post, telephone, fax or e-mail to service and update you, as well as informing you of new investment opportunities . If you would prefer to be excluded from these services, please write to us at the company address on this Agreement.
- UK Money Laundering RegulationsWe are obliged to conform with the UK Laundering Money Regulations 1993 and also adhere to the guidance notes from the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group which requires financial institutions to verify the identity and place of residence of each customer. We reserve the right to request that you inform us how any monies were obtained / accumulated. This process may require sight of certain documentation. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud or money laundering we will record this. We will not forward any applications or money to third parties / product providers until our verification requirements have been met. We take no responsibility for any delay in arranging a product where money laundering verification is outstanding. In circumstances where sufficient verification is not received in a timely manner after we have received completed applications, the application(s) and any monies may be returned to you.
- Whose products do we offer? Insurance
We offer products from a range of insurers for UK Private Medical Insurance.We only offer products from a limited number of insurers for International and Sports Private Medical Insurance; Dental and Health Cash Plans. You may ask us for a list of insurers we offer insurance from.
- Which service will we provide you with?
EitherWe will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs.
OrYou will not receive advice or a recommendation from us. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You will then need to make your own choice about how to proceed.
- What will you have to pay us for our services